Pathology Technology Australia (PTA) is the peak body representing Australian sponsors, manufacturers and distributors of in vitro diagnostics and innovative pathology technology.
The power of our industry is the driver of healthcare strategies and outcomes. Its ingenuity is found in public and private pathology laboratories and increasingly at the point-of-care, for HIV, diabetes and home pregnancy tests.
Formed in July 2009 Pathology Technology Australia represents Australian manufacturers, multi-national and local distributors of IVDs, as well as regulatory consultants. Our industry supplies products valued around AUD $1 billion a year and employs over 2,500 people
PTA undertakes its role via:
- Facilitating the growth and development by providing Industry, enabling access to information on in vitro diagnostics and providing education and training
- Active involvement in regulatory, technical, reimbursement and industry development issues
- Representing the interests of members to the Commonwealth, State and Territory; governments and legislatures, and other institutions within Australia;
- Promoting the marketing of quality in vitro diagnostics
- Encouraging the manufacture and export of Australian made in vitro diagnostics
- Supporting and encouraging Australian research and development
- Improving community awareness and understanding of the in vitro diagnostics industry
- Providing a forum to discuss issues related to improving patient and clinician access to in vitro diagnostics.
Members adhere to the Pathology Technology Industry Code of Practice, engaging in ethical corporate conduct with healthcare professionals and organisations.
The Constitution of Pathology Technology Australia is available here.
JOIN US NOW
Join PTA to get these benefits:
- Consultation with TGA on the IVD Framework
- Networking opportunities for you and your staff
- A voice for Australian manufacturers and independent distributors
- A means of influencing the development of the IVD industry in Australia
"We have very much valued our association with PTA and absolutely plan to continue our membership. With the fever around rapid antigen tests, in large part due to your lobbying and input, I find myself working harder than ever before and loving the change in landscape due to the backflip on policy. Your organisation has easily been the most productive industry engagement we’ve been involved with."
Dominic de Souza, Atomo Diagnostics
"Just a quick note to thank and congratulate you for both the great work PTA is conducting but also you’re regular and informative updates. This is benchmark in my humble opinion. It is amazing to be a (small) part of the taskforce supporting Australia’s recovery towards enablement of business recovery across the community and no doubt PTA has had a strong voice on this road."
Anleo Cournut, Beckman Dickinson