Code Certification is a means by which members of Pathology Technology Australia demonstrate their commitment to the Code of Conduct. The certification form should be completed by the CEO, Divisional Manager or other senior company representative. This list of questions will help you to complete the Program. The Code is supervised by a Board appointed Code of Conduct Commissioner, who is an independent, non-member expert with strong experience in healthcare, especially in in vitro diagnostics.
BEFORE YOU START
Some companies, particularly larger multinational companies, have internal Codes which may have provisions that are stricter than the Pathology Technology Australia Code. Companies with existing stronger codes that include mandatory training and certification provisions will be accepted without the need for further training. However, if your company code has provisions that are less stringent than the Pathology Technology Australia Code, then the stricter code will apply. In which case members will need to certify that staff have been trained and follow the PTA Code of Conduct. Where there is doubt, the Code Commissioner will assess member’s Codes and adjudicate on the need for PTA certification.
A training presentation is available on request. Please email email@example.com if you would like copy.
CAN YOU ANSWER “YES” TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS?
Are you a Member of Pathology Technology Australia?
Have you read the Code? Do you understand how it applies to your company’s business practices?
If you have any questions about the Code, you should
- Read the FAQs
- Contact the Pathology Technology Australia Secretariat for guidance
Do you require all officers, employees and representatives of your company to abide by the Code of Conduct?
Is there a link on your company’s Australian website to enable site visitors to view or download the Code?
- Not applicable if your company does not have an Australian website.
Does your company have procedures in place to ensure Code compliance?
- Examples include a “sign-off” procedure for all new promotional activities, policies to cover the amount of expenditure permitted for entertaining and/or restrictions on the venues to be used for educational activities.
Have you appointed someone within your company to be responsible for monitoring your company’s Code compliance?
- This may be the CEO, Divisional Manager, Regulatory Affairs Manager or other senior personnel.
Have you provided Code training to all those employees who may be engaged in Code related activities (eg sales & marketing personnel, representatives)?
- You can access the training presentation here, to run at your next sales meeting.
Do you have policies in place for policing your company’s compliance with the Code?
- Do your employees know who to ask if they have questions about the Code?
- Do they know how to report suspected breaches of Company policies that are based on the Code?
- Do you have a process in place for responding to suspected breaches of Company policies that are based on the Code?
If you can answer YES to all these questions, you are ready to complete the Code Certification Form. Please DOWNLOAD and complete the form, then return it to Pathology Technology Australia by email or mail. Your Certificate and Code Logo will be emailed to you and should be displayed prominently to signify your status as a Code Compliant Company (eg: in your Reception area, in your booth at trade displays).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO PATHOLOGY TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY CODE OF CONDUCT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - CODE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - GENERAL
JOIN US NOW
Join PTA to get these benefits:
- Consultation with TGA on the IVD Framework
- Networking opportunities for you and your staff
- A voice for Australian manufacturers and independent distributors
- A means of influencing the development of the IVD industry in Australia
Therapeutic product Industry Association Website Contact details
Prescribed Medicines – Innovator medicines
Medicines Australia Code
Telephone - 02 6122 8500
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Prescribed Medicines - Generic Medicines
Generic Medicines Industry Association
Generic Medicines Code
Email - email@example.com
Non-prescription consumer healthcare products
Australian Self Medication Industry
Telephone - 02 9922 5111
Complementary Medicines and Natural Healthcare Products
Complementary Medicines Australia
Telephone - 02 6260 4022
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Technology and Devices
Medical Technology Association of Australia
Telephone - (02) 9900 0650
Email - email@example.com
Pathology Technology Australia
Pathology Technology Industry Code
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental Products (Medical Devices)
Australian Dental Industry Association
Telephone - 1300 943 094